LEYS FARM JUNIOR SCHOOL
Ethos and Values
Our children are at the centre of all we do
We aim to achieve the highest standards that each individual is capable of through the promotion of lifelong learning.
We provide a broad, balanced, inclusive curriculum that helps our children to become:
- SUCCESSFUL, LIFELONG LEARNERS who are curious, enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- EMPOWERED, CONFIDENT INDIVIDUALS who are able to live safe, healthy and happy lives
- RESPONSIBLE, RESPECTFUL CITIZENS of the future who make a positive contribution to
We use key character strengths to promote our values, especially:
- Lifelong love of learning and curiosity
- Resilience and independence
- Self-awareness and self-regulation
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Friendship and kindness
We want our children to:
- develop lively, enquiring, imaginative and creative minds using, wherever possible, first- hand experiences
- gain knowledge of themselves by developing a positive, healthy growth mindset
- develop a reasoned set of attitudes, values and beliefs in-line with British Values
- understand the local, national and wider world in which we
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to Leys Farm Junior School! – Our Children Are at The Centre of All We Do.
We pride ourselves on being a very friendly and welcoming school. Our provision allows children of all abilities to have exciting opportunities to learn. Our ethos is that everyone should fulfil their potential and is a valued member of our school community.
We hope the time you and your child spend with us will be both happy and successful. Leys Farm Junior School is a place that is focused on fostering lifelong skills and preparing children for their next stage in life.
We believe that education should be a partnership between children, parents, staff and governors and that children learn more effectively when they see parents and teachers working together in a cohesive environment.
We aim to provide a safe, happy, purposeful, creative, friendly and stimulating learning environment in which children are able to flourish, grow, achieve high standards, gain a sense of independence and begin to realise their potential.
Children are encouraged to take pride in their work, to work hard and to do the very best they can at all times. High standards of behaviour and discipline are expected at this school so that children, parents, staff and governors feel both safe and valued as individuals.
We hope you will find the Leys Farm Handbook and our school’s new website helpful. We aim to give you a taste of what our school has to offer, as well as providing regular, updated information for both parents and children. We hope you enjoy visiting our website but if you are unable to find what you are looking for, please contact the school directly with any queries you may have. We look forward to working with you.
Miss S Thomas
MEET THE STAFF
Miss S Thomas (SENCO)
Miss D Wells
Mrs T Clifton
Miss D Bilton
Mrs A Elliot
Mrs A.M Wass
Miss L Atkinson (yr 3/4)
Miss R Stoney
Miss B Turtle
Miss C Compton
Mrs M Bower
Mr T Somerville
Mrs R MacDonald
Mrs M White
Miss S Stimson
Miss E Welch
Miss D Bilton
Miss W Parkinson
Mrs J Walters
Miss R Kiddle